Family Caregiver Support Program (FCSP)
What it is:
Alamance ElderCare Family Caregiver Support is a program that provides a number of supports to unpaid family caregivers, including education, support, respite (intermittent relief from daily caregiving), and supplemental supports (liquid nutrition, home modification, yardwork, etc).
To provide services that include:
- Monthly Educational Programs
- Respite Services
- Care Directed Respite
- Caregiver Support Group
- Supplemental Supplies
Who Can Benefit:
- A caregiver of any age providing care for an older adult age 60 or older
- A caregiver providing care for a person with Alzheimer’s Disease or related brain disorder.
- A caregiver (who is not the birth or adoptive parent), age 55 or older, raising a related child age 18 and under or an adult with a disability.
- Provide respite to prevent caregiver burnout. Up to 20 hours every 90 days for Traditional Respite or a $500 voucher for Care Directed Respite.
- Provide emotional and educational support with caregiving