Community Alternative Program for Disabled Adults (CAP/DA)
What it is:
A Medicaid wavier program designed to authorize an initial or revised service plan (POC) for a waiver participant using the flexibilities in the approved 3K-2 for the following waiver services:
- Case management
- Participant and individual directed goods and services
- Training/education/consultative services
- Community transition
- Home accessibility and adaptation or equipment, modification, and technology
To keep disabled adult safely in their home and to prevent skilled nursing placement
Who Can Benefit:
- A disabled adult ages 18 and up with NC Medicaid.
- Someone having difficulty managing household tasks such as cooking, cleaning, shopping, but wants to remain at home.
- Someone who is trying to decide whether to move in with family, move to an apartment, or move to an assisted living facility
- To keep each client in their home safely to prevent long-term care placement
- Ongoing case management includes initial and annual assessments of level of care and reasonable indication of need.
- Coordinate with wavier providers throughout the community monthly to ensure the participate is receiving adequate services and supplies to remain safely in their home.